Search This Blog

Sunday 19 October 2014

Little Push 5 Day Challenge: Confidence Day 3



Don't compare yourself to others! Ever heard that saying "Comparison is the thief of joy"? Well, it's true. I know I'm never going to have a personal trainer and a private chef to make me look like Gwyneth Paltrow or a Victoria's Secret model. So why beat myself up about it? 

Who are you comparing yourself to? 

Is it healthy or are you reaching for totally unrealistic ideals that are sabotaging your own happiness and zapping your confidence?

I have a goal of the type of body I would like to achieve for myself but I'm not gawking at 6 foot tall bean pole women with not a curve on their bodies.  I look at women who have a similar body type to my own and strive to achieve that because I can't change what I can't change and I am realistic about what my goals are. 

Be confident in who you are flaws and all.  These are the things that make you unique and loveable. 

Speaking of goals....  Do you set goals?

Goal setting is a good thing to do for anyone. If you do not have goals in your life then you do not know where you are going. Tell me this: if you leave from work with the goal to get home, how much time will you make until you get there? Maybe 30 minutes? 1 hour because of the traffic? But what happens if you leave from work and don’t really know where you want to go? When will you probably get home? 3 hours later? 5? 7?

It’s the same things with goals. 

When you don’t know where you want to go, you either won’t get there at all or it is going to take you a very long time to get there. And, I for one, love to to achieve things as quickly as possible, don’t you? 

Do you want to waste time and effort on something that could be done in 5 minutes. Of course not! 

You want to do as many things possible in as a short time frame as possible! This means that you have to set goals in every area of your life. Every area! Work, personal life, social life, health and fitness, and everything else that is important to you.

I used to scoff at people who set goals, but now I am starting to see the benefit of setting goals and working towards them.  It has built my confidence in myself, I know now what I am capable of and I know I can achieve great things with a little planning and taking small steps each day towards the bigger goal!  


Start today and set goals that are very clear and have a certain deadline on them. Don’t say "I will do this this year”, say “I will sell 10 cars until 30 December 2012″. Put numbers in all your goals because that is the best way your brain works. He recognizes numbers and will help you achieve your goals because he understands deadlines.

Set a goal and then work backwards from there.  Deconstruct your goal. 

How will you achieve that goal?  
What steps do you need to take to get there?  
What strategies will you employ?  
Put check points in place along the way to see if you are achieving your goal. 

If you want to lose 20 pounds by January and you have 3 months to do that in.   

You need to figure out if that is achievable, then make a plan for how you are going to do that.  Are you going to start going the the gym 4 days per week, purchase a home fitness program and meal plan?  

How will you stay motivated? 

Then plan certain check points.  For example if you plan to lose 20 pounds in 3 months you need to lose 6.7 pounds per month.  After month one you should reassess if what you have been doing for the first month has helped you achieve your monthly goal or not.  Then if you need to make any changes to your plan you can at that time.  

Better to have check points and make a course correction along the way then stay the course for 3 months only to find that it's not working at the end of it. 

Setting goals, making steps towards your goals and eventually achieving them gives you confidence. 

What goals do you have for your self? 

Repin this post in Pinterest if your doing our Little Push Challenge along with us! And share your progress in our Facebook group too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social