Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Healthy Halloween Popcorn Mix


So if you read my blog post about needing to find a truly healthy snack to send for Asher's Kindergarten Halloween party on Friday, you will know that I was on the hunt for something I could send.  I went through all the Pinterest ideas and came up with only a handful of really doable recipes that I could actually make ahead and send with my kindergartner as I would be working and not able to deliver! 

So on my drive home from work yesterday I started brainstorming and came up with this Healthy Dark Chocolate and Dried a Apricot Popcorn mix. 

It sticks with the black and orange theme of Halloween without including candy corn or coloured chocolate and is truly a healthy snack! 

I just made a small batch to test it out last night but I'll be making a big batch to send to school with him on Thursday night. 

First I popped my popcorn in a brown paper bag in the microwave. 3 minutes for about 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels. 



Next you will want to remove all the up popped seeds. 



Chop up some dried apricots. 



I used the Enjoy life dark chocolate chunks to make it dairy free and melted them in the microwave. 



Then drizzle chocolate into your popcorn and stir in the apricots! 



Spread onto a baking sheet and leave it overnight to let the chocolate harden onto the popcorn. Scoop it into a large container or baggies to send to school in the morning. 

I'm going to get some paper ice cream cups to serve it in for the kids! 

Not only is this a good healthy snack for the kids, it's also great for adults too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social