Search This Blog

Monday 13 October 2014

Curried Pumpkin Soup


I'm sitting here enjoying a nice hot bowl of Curried Pumpkin Soup a recipe I got from the P90 Simple Kitchen booklet that came with my program.  I'm excited to try many of the other recipes that are in the meal plan also.  

Starting tomorrow Gord and I will be doing the 6 day Shred that also came wight he P90 program. I have typed up a calendar of meals and grocery list and we are about to head out the door to get the groceries we will need for the week!  

We did our first workout this morning and I have to say I really did enjoy it.  It is so nice to be able to workout together and I might just have him convinced to wake up early with me during the work week so we can both get our workout in before the day begins!  

My challenge group for this program is full of some awesome individuals and I'm already enjoying their posts and inspiring comments!  I know we are all going to achieve great things together through these 90 days!!

On to the recipe.... 

Curried Pumpkin Soup

Ingredients:

2 tsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1 dash sea salt
3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
1 can 100% pure pumpkin puree
1 cup milk
sprinkle of parsley

Directions:

1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat.  Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until slightly golden and tender. 
2. Add curry powder and salt; cook for 1 minute. 
3. Add broth and pumpkin.  Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
4. Add milk; cook for 1 minute, or until heated through. 
5. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tsp. parsley. 

Makes 5 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social