Search This Blog

Monday 6 October 2014

3 Ingredient Cranberry Sauce



My husbands Grandmother made this Cranberry sauce every Christmas and Thanksgiving.  When she moved into a care home some years ago she gave me her recipe and I promised to make it since she no longer had a stove in her new place.  She has since passed away it has become even more special to make this recipe now.  

Everyone in the family loves this cranberry sauce for it's not too sweet not too sour taste and because I use local cranberries and organic cane sugar I know that the ingredients are from good sources. 

This Cranberry Sauce will last for weeks if stored in the fridge in a jar, much like Jam would.  Then it can be used when you have a roast chicken dinner too!  

Here is my short 1 minute video on how to make 3 Ingredient Cranberry Sauce.



Ingredients

3 Cups of Cranberries
1 1/2 Cups boiling water
1 1/2 Cups Organic Csne sugar

Directions
  • Dump Cranberries in Sauce Pan.
  • Pour boiling water over top the cranberries and bring to a boil.
  • Pour in Cane Sugar and stir in.
  • Let mixture get to a rolling boil and boil for about 5 minutes, stirring periodically. 
  • Take off element and let cool.
  • Spoon into Mason Jars and store in the fridge. 


I hope you try this Cranberry Sauce Recipe for your Thanksgiving dinner and please comment below how you and your family liked it if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social