Search This Blog

Sunday 19 October 2014

Little Push 5 Day Challenge: Confidence Day 2





Are you uncomfortable with how to respond when someone gives you a compliment?

I've been there.  For years I would get a compliment and point out something bad about myself or how I did something wrong. I have since learned to accept compliments with a simple "Thank you".  It takes practice but it's a good skill to learn. 

Try this for the rest of the week: 
Learn to take a compliment (and keep notes). How many times does someone say to you, "You look pretty" or something similar? What's your response? Women struggle with accepting compliments. We make excuses- "In this shabby dress?", "But my hair's a mess!', etc.,etc. We rarely just say thank you. So try this for a couple of weeks. When someone compliments you, say thank you. Then write it down. Keep a list of the kind things others say about you- and not just physical things. Every compliment!
Next, I want you to give compliments- There's just something reciprocal about compliments. You know when you do something nice for someone else, it makes you feel good too. Be generous, but sincere with compliments, and remember, these women struggle too, so let them in on your new secret about keeping track of kindness!

Repin this post in Pinterest if your doing our Little Push Challenge too! And share your progress in our Facebook group too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social