Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Insanity Max:30 Calories Burned


Another Insanity Max:30 Workout in the books today!  
Boy, was it tough but I'm gonna say that Intense workouts like this are addicting.  I'd so much rather do something that pushes my body to the Max and leaves me exhausted  and shaky when it's over than a lighter workout that it's quite as CRAZY!

4 of my co-workers joined me today and i'm so happy to see people coming back for more punishment from Shaun T!  I doubled my time from last week which was amazing but boy were those last 8 minutes brutal!


I've been using my Fitbit quite a bit lately and I'm just finding that it really does not track my workouts well at all.  I think alot of that has to do with the fact that there is a lot of side to side movements and jumps which probably aren't tracked the same as if I were running or walking.  It's a funny gadget but I do like it. 
I especially like the sleep tracker.  And since Fraser is finally starting to sleep through the night (or at least some of the time) I am noticing that I am getting better sleep.  Less AWAKE and only a few RESTLESS lines on my sleep timeline.  I like that!
I am also able to track my water consumption which is great.  Just keeps me more aware of how much I'm actually drinking each day. 
But the workouts just aren't registering like I would like so I need to log them.  The trouble is I have no idea how many Calories I burn each workout.  I found this great website that has calculated the calories burned in each insanity workout and I've been referring to the site daily.  I figured other people might be curious in how many calories you burn in a 30 minute Insanity max:30 workout too so I decided to post them here to share.  
Plus then I'm able to refer back to them more easily!
The numbers below are my estimates based on a 150 pound person (average).
Remember, each person has a different metabolism and the more you weight, the more you will burn. However, these numbers should give you a rough idea of the number of Insanity Max:30 calories burned.
Also, studies show that after cardiovascular exercise, you continue to burn calories because the exercise provides a temporary metabolic boost. This is not reflected in these numbers, but it’s still good to know that your overall numbers throughout the entire day may be much higher! This is especially true during the follow up stretches and cool down.
Below are the calories burned for Insanity Max:30. Note: the Tabata workouts are 20 seconds of intense cardio, 10 seconds of less intense cardio.

Insanity Max:30 Calories Burned

Cardio Challenge
Workout Time: 27 minutes
Calories Burned: 405
Tabata Power
Workout Time: 27 minutes
Calories Burned: 393
Sweat Intervals (Done today)
Workout Time: 27 minutes
Calories Burned: 405
Tabata Strength
Workout Time: 27 minutes
Calories Burned: 393
Friday Fight (Round 1)
Workout Time: 29  minutes
Calories Burned: 435
Max Out Cardio
Workout Time: 28 minutes
Calories Burned: 420
Max Out Power
Workout Time: 28 minutes
Calories Burned: 420
Max Out Sweat
Workout Time:  28 minutes
Calories Burned: 420
Max Out Strength
Workout Time: 28 minutes
Calories Burned: 420
Friday Fight (Round 2)
Workout Time:  29 minutes
Calories Burned: 435
So, as you can see with Insanity Max 30 you can get a great workout and burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time

1 comment:

  1. I also have a fitbit charge that doesn't track my excersises well. I am doing the modified version of Insanity Max 30 due to a hip replacement. What would be the calorie burn for the modified version. 142 pd female? I can't find the results anywhere to track my calorie burn!!
    Thank you very much,

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Social