I made a Pot Roast for dinner tonight and once it was prepped and in the oven; next came the Apple Crisp. I decided to switch up my Apple Crisp recipe this time and give it a little twist by adding in some ground pecans and maple sugar instead of my usual Coconut palm sugar. Plus I used coconut oil instead of butter which I have done before and it works out very nicely.
Clean Eating Apple Crisp
Crumble Topping1/4 cup ground pecans
1/4 Cup Maple Sugar or Coconut Palm Sugar
1 Tsp Cinnamon to taste
1 Tsp sea Salt
2 1/2 cups rolled Oats
3/4 cup Coconut Oil
3 large apples peeled and chopped into cubes
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
|Apple filling with Maple Syrup and Cinnamon|
- Grind the Pecans in a food processor or blender.
- Add the maple sugar, cinnamon, salt and rolled oats into the food processor and pulse a few times to break down the rolled oats slightly.
|After putting the topping in the food processor|
for a few pulses.
- Peel and chop apples
- Place apples into a deep pie dish or casserole dish and add in maple syrup, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Stir apple mixture until coated evenly.
- Top apple mixture with crumble topping
- Bake at 350 for 30 Minutes