Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Chicken Stirfry with Rice Noodles

We made this healthy chicken stirfry tonight with rice noodles. I'll admit, my boys love stirfry but unfortunately I'm the only one who likes it with brown rice. Gord and Asher both like those yellow (horribly bad for you) Chinese noodles. I cave in and serve them every now and again but lately I've been using rice noodles more and more often. 

I used to only use rice noodles for pad Thai but I really like using it for stir fry now too! In fact I have found some thinner rice noodles that work perfectly for stirfry. 

So when they asked for stirfry on the menu this week during my meal planning on Sunday I picked up some rice noodles instead of those yellow ones! 



Happy to say this stirfry pleased everyone and I was so glad that no yellow noodles were used in the making of this dinner! 

Here is the recipe for you...

Ingredients: 

  • 2 7 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into skinny strips
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 10 ounces of broccoli slaw
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
  • 1 tsp grated ginger
  • 4 ounces rice noodles
  • 2 tablespoons reduce sodium soy sauce

Directions: 

  • Remove rice noodles from package and place in hot water. This will loosen them up. Set aside.
  • Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick wok on medium high heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add chicken and bell pepper and cook until chicken is fully done, about 7 minutes. Remove from pot.
  • Heat second tablespoon of oil in the same wok. Add broccoli slaw and cook until tender and a bit crispy, about 5 minutes. 
  • Add in zucchini and grated ginger and cook another 2 minutes.
  • Add chicken and peppers back to pan, along with the cooked rice noodles and soy  sauce, and heat for another 2 minutes, or until mixture is fully combined.
  • Serve and enjoy!



I hope you try and like this recipe as much as we did! 
 
Leftovers: 
 
Take in a glass container and throw in a little extra soy sauce to moisten during reheating.  microwave for 2 minutes or until heated through.  
OR
You can always reheat for dinner the next night in a frying pan.  Again add a little soy sauce to moisten or a touch of water and heat over the element until hot. 
 
I mean who doesnt' need a quick and healthy week night dinner plus left overs for lunch or dinner the next day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social