Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 December 2014

21 Day Fix Approved Peppermint Mocha

Peppermint-Mocha-Latte

I love peppermint mocha lattes. But, I know that they’re full of a ton of additives and preservatives.

The ingredients of Starbucks version (my personal favourite) are: espresso, milk, mocha sauce (corn syrup, water, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, cocoa (processed with alkali 13%), potassium sorbate, artificial flavor), and peppermint-flavored syrup (sugar, water, natural flavors, preservative, sodium benzoate, citric acid), whipped cream, and dark chocolate.

Calories in one Tall nonfat Peppermint Mocha Latte with no whip (add 70 calories and 7 grams of fat for whip): 220 Calories and 20g Fat!

Hmm. But luckily the incredible nutritionists from Beachbody whipped up their own version. I'm so excited to try their version of one of my favourite holiday drinks!  But I'm doing the 21 day fix right now.... Not to worry, it's 21 day fix approved and only counts for 1 Yellow container! 

I plan to enjoy this as one of my treats this week!!  During the 21 Day Fix you are allowed 3 treats per week, you just have to give up one yellow container for the day, which is pretty hard for me!  But this Peppermint Mocha might be worth it! 

Total Time: 10 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 5 min.
Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients:
½ cup nonfat milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp. raw honey (optional)
¼ tsp. pure peppermint extract
1 cup brewed black coffee (or 1 shot espresso)
1 fresh mint leaf (for garnish; optional)


Preparation:
1. Bring milk, cocoa powder, and honey (if desired), and peppermint extract to a boil in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from heat; mix vigorously with a whisk until frothy.
3. Pour coffee into a large serving mug; top with milk mixture.
4. Garnish with mint leaf if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social