Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 December 2014

21 Day Fix Meal Plan Day 2

I did my Total Body Cardio Fix last night after the boys went to bed and my Upper Fix workout is happening tonight after Fraser is in bed!   I tried to get up early this morning to get it done and out of the way... but I couldn't fall asleep early last night like I had planned!

I don't mind doing my workout at night however!  It helps to motivate Gord and when Gord does his it motivates me to do mine.  So I think it's almost better for us to do our workouts at night time. 

So today's meals I kept very similar to yesterdays' besides dinner.  Keeping your meals similair makes planning and prepping so much easier!  I'm looking forward to dinner tonight because it's Chicken Stirfry!  YUM

Here is my planned meals for the day....

Breakfast

21 Day Fix Breakfast Greek Yogurt and berries waffle

Greek Yogurt with Frozen berries on one whole grain waffle

1 Red container Greek Yogurt
1/2 Purple container Frozen Berries 
1 Yellow container = Organic whole grain waffle

Directions

  • Toast waffle (I use Natures Path Organic Waffles the flax plus ones)
  • Pour frozen berries into a small microwave blow and heat for 30 seconds
  • Top waffle with 1 red container of greek yogurt. 
  • Top with berries and serve. 

Snack

Chocolate Shakeology blended with Ice = 1 Red

Lunch

21 Day Fix Lunch - Spinach Salmon Salad with Avocado Sriacha Dressing

Salmon Spinach salad with Avocado Sriacha Dressing

1.5 green containers of spinach
1/2 green container Cherry tomatoes
1/2 blue of Dressing
1 Red Container = 1 salmon filet

Directions for the Salad

  • Add 1.5 green containers of Spinach to your plate.  Top that with 1/2 a green container of cherry tomatoes cut length wise.  
  • Cook your salmon as directed below and remove from heat.  Pull salmon away from the skin and place on top of your salad.  
  • Top with 1/2 blue container of dressing (recipe below)

Salmon spice rub

3 teaspoons cumin
3 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon sea salt

**Spice rub makes enough for about 3 salmon filets.  I made two filets and prepped a salad for my lunch tomorrow

Directions for Spice rub

  • Mix up all spices
  • Rub each Salmon filet with spice rub. 
  • In a frying pan add in 2 teaspoons olive oil once hot place each filet into the pan and cook on medium heat.  
  • Cook salmon skin down in olive oil and then flip over to brown on both sides.  Once cooked pull the salmon away from the skin and place on top of your salad. 

Dressing

1/2 avocado, skin removed and roughly chopped
1/3 cup low fat Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tsp of lime juice
1/2 tsp Sriacha
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions for Dressing

Add all ingredients into a blender, food processor or magic bullet.  Blend together until smooth.  
You will only use about half a blue container of dressing on each salad.

Snack

2 Spoons Peanut Butter and 1 1/2 Purple container Apple

Dinner

Chicken Stirfry with Rice Noodles


Find the recipe for Chicken Stirfry with Rice Noodles here.  The Soy sauce in this recipe wont be 21 day fix approved and I would use the Braggs Liquid Aminos but I've heard mixed reviews on the product.  So for now I'll leave it at low sodium soy sauce. 
 
1 Red Container - Chicken
1 Yellow Container - Rice Noodles
1 Green Container - Stirfry Veggies
 

Workout of the Day

My workout today is Upper Fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social