Ok I'm blogging my way through this round of the 21 Day fix to help keep me accountable!
I'm doing the 21 Day fix with my December Challenge Group and it's seriously such a fun group!
BreakfastGreek Yogurt with Frozen berries on one whole grain waffle
1 Red container Greek Yogurt
1/2 Purple container Frozen Berries
1 Yellow container = Organic whole grain waffle
- Toast waffle (I use Natures Path Organic Waffles the flax plus ones)
- Pour frozen berries into a small microwave blow and heat for 30 seconds
- Top waffle with 1 red container of greek yogurt.
- Top with berries and serve.
SnackChocolate Shakeology blended with Ice = 1 Red
Salmon Spinach salad with Avocado Sriacha Dressing
1.5 green containers of spinach
1/2 green container Cherry tomatoes
1/2 blue of Dressing
1/2 blue of Dressing
1 Red Container = 1 salmon filet
Directions for the Salad
- Add 1.5 green containers of Spinach to your plate. Top that with 1/2 a green container of cherry tomatoes cut length wise.
- Cook your salmon as directed below and remove from heat. Pull salmon away from the skin and place on top of your salad.
- Top with 1/2 blue container of dressing (recipe below)
Salmon spice rub3 teaspoons cumin
3 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
**Spice rub makes enough for about 3 salmon filets. I made two filets and prepped a salad for my lunch tomorrow
Directions for Spice rub
- Mix up all spices
- Rub each Salmon filet with spice rub.
- In a frying pan add in 2 teaspoons olive oil once hot place each filet into the pan and cook on medium heat.
- Cook salmon skin down in olive oil and then flip over to brown on both sides. Once cooked pull the salmon away from the skin and place on top of your salad.
Dressing1/2 avocado, skin removed and roughly chopped
1/3 cup low fat Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tsp of lime juice
1/2 tsp Sriacha
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions for Dressing
Add all ingredients into a blender, food processor or magic bullet. Blend together until smooth.
You will only use about half a blue container of dressing on each salad.
Snack2 Spoons Peanut Butter and 1 1/2 Purple container Apple
Chicken Dinner with Potatoes and Broccoli
1 Red Container - Chicken
1 Yellow Container - Potatoes
1 Green Container - Broccoli and Carrots