I came up with these little mini Almond tarties (a mix between a tart and a cookie)!
1/2 cup Honey
1/3 cup Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1 ecipe Almond Glaze (optional)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons Almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 16 muffin cups with silicon baking cups; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, melt and stir Coconut Oil and Honey over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in egg, almond extract, and vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture to oil and honey mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in 1/3 cup of the chopped almonds.
5. Spoon batter into silicon cups, filling each half full.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 14 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
7. Cool in muffin cups for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin pans; cool. Drizzle cooled cookies with Almond Glaze if you choose.