I have passed this recipe on to many many people over the years and I finally decided to share it here too. I love these muffins because I don't need to use the mixer to make them just mash up the bananas with the egg, coconut oil and honey and then add the dry mixture to that! So simple, but these muffins also turn out moist and delicious every single time!
Whole Wheat Banana Muffin Recipe
Wet mixture1 Egg
3 Large ripe bananas
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
Dry mixture1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add egg and 3 very ripe bananas, mash together.
- To that add coconut oil and honey, stirring or mashing into the egg and banana mixture.
- In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients and add that to the banana mixture, stirring until just combined .
- Spoon batter into lined muffin pan, filling to the brim.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until you start to smell them (that's how I always know when muffins are ready).
What I really love about this recipe aside from it being so easy to make is that there is no added sugar besides a small amount on honey. So for me this is truly a healthy muffin recipe I can feel great about serving to my boys!