Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a productive and also relaxing Sunday today! I was out of cream this morning for my coffee *sadface! Milk just isn't the same! And now that I think of it, I should have just did a coconut oil blend up in the magic bullet! Bullet proof coffee is so good and a dairy free way to enjoy your morning cup of coffee!
I also raided the fridge and put together some breakfast for the boys and myself. What I came up with was a Mushroom, Spinach and Feta Breakfast wrap topped with tomatoes! It was packed with egg and probably could have been split into two tortillas but I didn't want to use my two carbs for the day all in one meal so no way!!!
I took a few photos and wrote down the recipe to share with you too. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
|A little onion and Mushroom in the pan with|
some olive oil
|Then the spinach|
|Egg and Feta cheese|
|Top the tortilla with the egg mixture and fresh tomatoes!|
Mushroom Spinach and Feta Breakfast Burrito recipe
21 Day Fix: 1 Green 1 Yellow 1 Red 1 Blue
This burrito is loaded with eggs, onion, Mushrooms, Spinach, tomato and Feta Cheese to create a delicious, high-protien breakfast.
Total Time: 17 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 7 min.
Yield: 1 serving
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. finely chopped Onion
1 Tbsp. chopped mushrooms
1/3 cup Spinach
1 Tbsp. Feta Cheese
1 Tbsp. chopped tomato
1 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortilla, warm
Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
3. Add in spinach cook until wilted and eggs; cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until eggs are set.
4. Top tortilla with egg mixture, tomatoes, and pepper (if desired).
5. Roll tortilla burrito-style.