Search This Blog

Monday 14 April 2014

Fridge layout... Does it make a difference?

I have historically kept my milk,  juice, water and other large items on the top shelf.

Then next shelf down is Greek yogurt, salsa, eggs and berries. Basically anything small-ish. 

Bottom level is butter, lettuce and anything I need to fit into the fridge that won't fit on the other shelves. 

One drawer contains fruit like apples, pears, oranges and lemons. The other one has our veggies. Cut up broccoli, bag of peppers and mini cucumbers, organic baby carrots etc. 

I realized that if we don't eat our berries within the first 1-2 days we don't eat them at all and then they get gross and we don't want to eat them. Most times after I've gone grocery shipping, the berries and grapes disappear within hours of coming home. Usually the raspberries don't make it further than the drying towel after I've soaked them in the sink. But every now and again, I'll buy fruit and it makes it into the fridge and seems to get forgotten. Then it's gets soft and nasty and nobody wants to eat it! 

So this week I'm trying an experiment. 

I've placed our fruit that is easily snack-able, on the top shelf in front of the drinks. Now I predict they will get in the way every time we go to grab the milk or water out. But I'm hoping it will encourage the fruit and carrots to get eaten for snacks! 


My second prediction is that all that fruit will be gobbled up by Tuesday night! 

Let's see if I'm right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social