Search This Blog

Friday 6 March 2015

Day 2 - 3 Day Refresh

Day 2 of the 3 Day Refresh and today was a lot easier!  I knew what to expect and no coffee headache!  YES!

Breakfast was a breeze, but I used a fresh banana instead of frozen and I didn't have any ice so it wasn't as cold as I typically like my shakeology.  So tonight I froze the other half of the banana and will use that tomorrow in my shake!  

Fibre Sweep went down just fine, I shake and chug it.  I've been warned by many not to let it sit for even a minute or else it will thicken!  

Lunch was the Vanilla fresh, Red Peppers and an apple with almond butter.  I was so stuffed!!!  This feels like a whole lot of food at lunch time.  

Unfortunatly, I got really busy at work this afternoon and wasn't able to eat my afternoon snack which was cucumbers and hummus but I did manage to eat the cucumbers on the way home.  

Dinner was the same as yesterday, Vanilla fresh shake with the Coconut Steamed veggies!  I like to keep things simple and when something tastes as good as those recipes do I tend not to want to stray from what's already yummy!  




I posted this photo of Fraser on Facebook tonight; I had given him and Asher Pizza for dinner as well as some of the coconut steamed veggies I made for myself.  He gobbled up all his veggies before I gave him the pizza but when he saw my bowl of veggies he asked for more!  He loves them!  

This is going to have to be the way I make veggies from now on!!  


Coconut Steamed Veggies

1/2 Cup water
1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli or green beans
1/2 cup sliced fresh carrot
1/2 cup chopped fresh cauliflower
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt

Directions

1. Add water to medium saucepan; bring to a boil
2. Add broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower to saucepan; cover and cook 4-5 minutes or until tender-crisp. 
3. To serve,place vegetables in serving bowl. Add coconut oil and sea salt; toss gently to coat. 

So easy and so so good.  

Right now I have a cup of peppermint tea sitting in front of me.... I don't seem to be craving anything but it will help me not snack on anything anyways!  

If you missed my post from Day 1 of the 3 Day Refresh you can find it here.


Click here to support my blog on Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social