Search This Blog

Thursday 6 March 2014

Top 5 Life Saving Dairy Free Recipes



I am dairy free.... for now.  Not by choice!  My son who I am exclusively pumping for has either a lactose or milk protein allergy.... were not 100% sure which.  In any case I have been dairy free for his sake since May 2013 and man it sure isn't easy.  BUT I have found a few wonderful recipes through my journey that have truly been life saving.

Check these out...

Paleo Coconut oil Hollandaise sauce
This sauce is quick and easy to make up on Sunday morning when Gord and I are both wanting a richer breakfast.  But it contains mainly coconut oil and egg yolk so you get all the flavour and none of the guilt! Considering coconut oil is so great for you, you can even feel good about this one!!

From the Blog against all grain, Danielle walker has a great variety of grain free recipes.  Worth a look for sure!






Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
This dip was a life saver over Christmas for me.  When everyone else was enjoying cheesy appetizers on Christmas eve, I brought this dip and between that and a batch of bacon wrapped scallops I was fed for the night.  I also made this dip again on New Years.  I have experimented with it and added a bit of dairy free cream cheese and topped it with soy cheese but either way it's very good!!

This recipe is from the blog the Happy Herbivor and I have used more than a few of the recipes there!  


Chocolate Banana Pudding Cake

A friend of mine introduced me to this tasty dessert!  I made it a few weeks ago for a family dinner and it was a huge hit.... even tho Gord saw me make it, which meant he saw that I used avocados to make the pudding and was less than thrilled! But once he tried it's chocolaty banana goodness he gobbled it back fast!  It was rich and creamy!

This Recipe is from the Happy Raw Kitchen Blog



Pumpkin Spice Cashew Cheese Dip

Yes another dip, I seriously love dips!  This one really satisfied my need for spicy fall flavour and I even made it for a thanksgiving and everyone loved it including Gord's grandpa!  I was able to make a batch of this dip and keep it in the fridge, only heating up what I knew I could eat for a couple days!  It was wonderful.   
This one is from Happy Healthy Life, Lunch box bunch blog!  Love it!



And lastly Vegan Macaroni and Cheese

I have tried a few different Vegan macaroni and cheese recipes and actually at my sisters wedding the caterer made me a special dairy free macaroni and cheese and it was amazing!  I have come close to replicating it but this recipe from the Culinary life blog is also wonderful and worth a try!


Steph also has another recipe that I simply must try on her blog called La Tur Macaroni and Cheese with Nectarines and Fig Jam.  Sounds amazing doesn't it!  Plus some other wonderful sounding cheese recipes that I shouldn't be looking at :)


Another blog which had a great vegan macaroni and cheese recipe is: This is Vegan: http://alisainalaska.blogspot.ca/2011/03/best-vegan-mac-and-cheese.html?m=1

I hope you found some yummy and healthy recipes and inspiration in my post today!  Stay tuned for more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social