Search This Blog

Thursday 20 March 2014

Camping Trip!!

We are heading out on our first camping of the year!

Instead of shopping for marshmallows, hot dogs and candy!  We stocked up on Nuts, dried fruit and of course brought along our shakes.  But I also made a few standard mixes for our trailer.

The first mix I made is my taco seasoning!  I can't buy or use that packaged stuff and making a batch is a breeze.


Taco seasoning recipe

1/2 cup Chili Powder
1/4 cup onion powder
1/8 cup cumin
1 TBSP Garlic powder
1 TBSP paprika
1TBSP sea salt

At home I always have the recipe for it taped to the outside of the jar so making another batch is super quick and easy!

The next mix I made to keep in the trailer is my pancake mix.  It's too easy!

I just mix the flour and the baking powder together in the jar and then on a label I write what amounts of what need to go into it for one cup of mix.  This is what we do at home as well... and for some reason even though it's just mixing the flour and the baking powder together it makes it so much easier to have it mixed and ready to go.  Probably because we don't have to pull out the recipe book to make it since the instructions are taped to the outside of the container!



Recipe for our Best Ever Homemade Pancakes and Waffles

2 cups Whole Wheat flour
1 1/2 TBSP Baking powder

2 eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 cup oil or melted butter
2 tsp vanilla


I will admit we did purchase a few dairy free dark chocolate bars and a bag of Avacado oil potato chips since I'm sure there will be some snacking around the campfire going on.  But both of these treats are healthy options compared to the typical Ruffles and Reece cups in the chip and junk isle!

Wish us sunny weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social