Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Vegetable Egg Cups



This week I'm trying to switch things up a little bit with my meal plan.  Gord and I are trying to reduce our dairy consumption so rather than Greek Yogurt and berries for breakfast we needed to find another protein filled breakfast option for the week.  Eggs are the easy option however our mornings are already rushed so making eggs up every morning isn't really gonna work!  Just too much going on.  Plus I'm not usually ready to eat until I get into work.  So we decided to give Vegetable Egg Cups from the Fixate cookbook a try!  


We have been using the cookbook for several dinner recipes and have loved every recipe we have tried so far. But I am honestly not a huge Egg eater so I wasn't too sure how these would go over.  

Luckily I have a toaster oven in the office which made it possible to reheat them for a few minutes.  I also topped them with pesto to help things along.  (not perfect but better than cheese which is usually how I can get through eggs).  
In the end I quite enjoyed my little breakfast and might even consider going pesto free next time!  


21 Day Fix Cookbook FIXATE - Vegetable Egg Cups

Serves: 6
21 Day fix portions: 1 Red (2 egg cups)
Ingredients
  • 12 Large Eggs
  • 1 Cup Chopped Bell Peppers
  • 1 Cup Chopped Mushrooms
  • Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • 2 Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
  • 12 Tbsp. Homemade Salsa
  • *These are the ingredients as listed in the book. I omitted the green onions as we didn't have any on hand and topped mine with a bit of pesto instead of salsa. 
Instructions
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 375.
  2. Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk until fully combined.
  3. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and onions to the eggs and mix well.
  4. Season with salt and pepper to taste (optional).
  5. Coat the muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. (I used silicon muffin cups which made the egg cups slide right out!)
  6. Evenly divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cups.
  7. Bake for 15 minutes - 20 minutes (a toothpick inserted into the muffin should come out clean) (Mine took about 22 minutes)
  8. Top each egg cup with 1 tablespoon of Homemade Salsa (pg. 85 of Fixate Cookbook)

Shakeology Boosts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social