Search This Blog

Thursday 11 February 2016

Clean Cheat Day Peanut Butter Bars




This is an easy and awesome clean cheat recipe that you can make and eat in less than 30 minutes!  I made these a few weeks ago and posted them to my Facebook page and so many people liked them I figured I better do a blog post too!  I've had it drafted up for a while now and just keep skipping past it!  But better late than never!  

I topped mine with banana slices but you could totally leave them off too.  I just thought they looked WAY cuter with a little banana slice on each and it helped me to make sure I was cutting the portions just right too!  

These peanut butter squares are not too sweet but just enough sweetness to make you feel like your having a treat while still staying on track towards your goals.  Gord and I are following the 21 day fix meal plan and workouts so we are trying to stick as close to the meal plan as possible.  These are fix approved and count as 1 Yellow container if you are following the plan too. 

Makes 16 servings, Each serving is 1 
21 Day fix Portions: Yellow and 2.5 TSP


Peanut Butter Bars 

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all natural smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs (at room temperature)
1/2 tsp baking soda, gluten free
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Lightly coat 8×8-inch baking pan with spray. Set aside
3. Combine peanut butter, honey, extract, eggs, and baking soda in a large bowl; mix well
4. Evenly spread batter into prepared pan. Smooth top with a spatula. Top with sliced banana if desired. 
5. Bake 20 to 23 minutes. Squares may be a little soft when coming out of the oven, but they will continue to cook.
6. Cool. Cut into squares.



Shakeology Boosts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social