Whole wheat, dairy free and vegan YES but these Brownies are also Gooey, chocolaty and delicious! I adding a little frosting to the top of these (mostly for picture purposes) but it's totally optional and they are good without!
I have an abundance of Zucchini still, and it's very tempting to make another batch of these I tell ya, they were so good and it was a good thing I shared with family and friends otherwise I probably would have eaten the whole tray!
Zucchini Brownie Recipe
|They came out lumpy looking|
on the Top But don't let that
fool you they were moist inside!
Ingredients:2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cups honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups shredded zucchini (1 large or 2 small zucchinis)
3-5 tablespoons water
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
|Wet Mixture all combined|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and stir.
- Fold in the zucchini. If your mixture is still very powdery, add up to 5 tablespoons water (start with 1 tablespoon and work up from there, stirring well after each addition). The batter will be very thick but shouldn't be powdery. (It partially depends on how wet your zucchini is!)
- Add walnuts, if desired. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until the brownies spring back when gently touched.
Simple Chocolate Frosting
1/4 cup Butter
1/4 cup Cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups Icing Sugar
1/3 cup Hot water
Melt Butter in small sauce pan
Stir in cocoa powder and Icing sugar
Pour Hot water over top and stir all the lumps out.
Pour on top of the brownies right away!