Search This Blog

Monday 24 August 2015

Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Waffles


Flex days are the best days!  I love the ones where we get to spend the morning at home over the ones where we are rushing out the door however!  Today we are home for the morning at least and it felt like a good day to make a special breakfast!  


New Corner Pantry!!
Finally I'm able to fill it up!
Yesterday I had my New Pantry build by my wonderful hubby and father in law installed!!  So I've been tearing my kitchen apart changing where everything goes in the cupboards which previously had food!  I can tell you that putting the dishes in the dishwasher away this morning sure was interesting!  But it's so nice to have extra space for my small appliances now!  I can finally have my crock put upstairs rather than in the storage room!  Yay!  More crockpot meals on the way!!!


I'm still figuring out where best to put everything in the newly arranged kitchen but this is the part I love!  



 Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Waffle Recipe

Ingredient


2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Cinnamon
2 Eggs
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 3/4 Cups Almond Milk
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Apple Sauce
1 Tsp Pure Vanilla


Directions

  • Mix together WW Flour, Baking Powder and Cinnamon. Set Aside
  • In medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs with Almond Milk, Maple Syrup, Olive oil, Apple Sauce and Vanilla.  
  • Add wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine. 
  • Spoon batter onto the waffle iron and allow it to do it's thing!  Mine is set for between 3 and 4 and just beeps when it's done. 
  • While waiting for the waffles to cook you can get out your toppings



Topping options


Apple sauce
Greek Yogurt
Cinnamon
Maple Syrup
Butter

The boys enjoyed theirs with butter and maple syrup but for some reason I love having greek yogurt on top of my waffles so I added a big scoop of plain Krema greek yogurt then a small amount of Maple Syrup, apple sauce and a sprinkle of Cinnamon!

So good!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social