Search This Blog

Sunday 16 August 2015

Lemon Zucchini Mini Loaves


I have SO MANY ZUCCHINI'S from my Sisters place!  She loaded me up yesterday with Zucchini, tomatoes (I already have a tonne of my own), Corn, Potatoes and Eggs! 

I had the house sort of to my self last night with Asher and Gord at the races and Fraser in bed, so I decided to get started on some baking with the Zucchini.  I only used one Zucchini and I made Zucchini Parm Bites, these Whole Wheat Lemon Zucchini Mini Loaves and a to die for Zucchini Brownie!  I'll add the links to those recipes as soon as they are on the blog!  

For now here is the Whole Wheat Lemon Zucchini Mini Loaf Recipe!  These are our breakfast this morning!  The awesome thing here is that you can use this recipe to make muffins or a big loaf too!  The glaze is optional as it does have icing sugar in it but it does add lots of lemony flavour!  Next time I'm going to experiment with a honey lemon glaze and see what I can do to eliminate that little bit of icing sugar!  

Whole Wheat Lemon Zucchini Mini Loaf Recipe


Ingredients

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • ½ tsp. sea salt
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup coconut oil
  • 1 cup honey
  • 2 TBSP lemon juice or juice of 2 lemons
  • ½ cup almond milk or regular milk
  • zest of 2 lemons
  • 1 cup grated zucchini

Glaze ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 TBSP lemon juice

Instructions

  1. Mix WW flour, sea salt and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Then add coconut oil and honey until well blended. Add lemon juice, milk, lemon zest to this mixture and blend all together.
  3. Fold in zucchini until it is mixed well.
  4. Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and blend all together until well combined.
  5. Pour batter into greased loaf pan or spoon into mini loaf pan. You can even make this into muffins! 
  6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or 1 hour for a big loaf. Or until golden brown. 
  7. While still warm, make glaze and brush on the tops of the loaves. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social