Search This Blog

Monday 4 July 2016

Peach Pie Waffles


Peaches are a summer time treat!  I picked up a few at the Root Cellar on Monday and had them ripening in the window for a few days as they were a little firm yet.  But I knew I had to use them up this weekend and the boys requested waffles for breakfast on Sunday morning so these Peach Pie Waffles were born!  Last summer I made my grandma a peach trifle for her birthday and learned that Cardamom is the spice for peaches, so in it went into these waffles.  


These little peaches were almost too ripe as I had a hard time extracting the pit without squishing them too much.  But boy were they sweet.  I am never sure if the kids will love or reject my creations and I almost contemplated making a few plain waffles just in case.  But I bit the bullet and made the whole batch with peaches.  



These golden babies paired beautifully with a drizzle of honey to sweeten the batter and we topped our waffles with FATSO butter and pure maple syrup.  If you haven't heard of FATSO butter I posted about it last week on my facebook page and have been using it in my bullet proof coffee, and for anything that I would normally use butter.  It is a nutrient dense butter with 7 added super fats!  

FATSO Butter contains Butter, Organic Coconut Oil, Ghee, Avocado Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, MCT Oil, Organic Hemp Seeds, Cacao Butter and Hymalayan Salt!  

I can't fund much in the way of info or a company website for the company but they also have a peanut butter! 



I've gotta say taking a photo of a stack of Waffles is not the easiest, I need more of a photo set up to get a good photo of these lovely peach filled waffles.  But for now I did the best I could before they got completely cold!  I gotta eat them too!  



Next time I'll top mine with a big scoop of plain green yogurt.  I almost did this time as well but I decided to try them just with butter and maple syrup like the boys were.  They really tasted like I was eating peach pie for breakfast which is how the recipe got it's name.  I'm pretty sure that if there are any peaches left over this week I'll be making another batch of these over the weekend!  Addicted!!!  




Peach Pie Waffles


Ingredients

2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom 
2 Eggs
1 Tbsp Honey
1 3/4 Cups Almond Milk (or regular milk)
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tsp Pure Vanilla
3 small ripe peaches sliced

Directions


  • Mix together Whole wheat Flour, Baking Powder, cinnamon and Cardamom. Set Aside.
  • In medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs with Almond Milk, honey, Olive oil and Vanilla.  
  • Add sliced peaches to dry mixture. Stir gently to coat. 
  • Add wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine. 
  • Spoon batter onto hot waffle iron and cook until golden brown. 
  • Top with sliced peaches, maple syrup, Greek yogurt or butter. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social