We made a batch of these Pumpkin Roll-Out cookies to see if they were something Asher would want to take for his class Halloween party on Friday. Asher and I made them together on Sunday afternoon while Fraser was napping and the boys had them for dessert after dinner! The result was a nice soft not to sweet cookie (unless you add icing to it).
Pumpkin Spice Roll-Out Cookies
· 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
· 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
· 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 cups whole wheat flour
· 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
· 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or water
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking Powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer or with an electric mixer, cream together the butter and coconut palm sugar for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
- Turn the speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture. Continue to mix until the dough comes together.
- Shape the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. When the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 325F.
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick, and use cookie cutters to cut into shapes.
- Transfer to a Parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
These turned out great! Recipe modified from weelicious.