Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 October 2015

Guilt Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle



Guilt free HEALTHY - Pumpkin Spice "cheesecake" Trifle that is 21 Day Fix Friendly and super easy to create! Nobody will know you didn't even break a sweat making it๐Ÿ™Š (and you won't have to "break a sweat" to work off the calories either!)

I made this last night and I wasn't too sure at first, the pumpkin layer was a bit more runny that I thought it would be and there is very little sweetness added to it so I wasn't sure if hubby would like it or not.  I ended up deciding to try a new recipe "Maple Cream" to add to the top of it to add a little sweetness just in case but in the end it probably didn't need it although the maple cream added a very nice touch!  

As for this being 21 Day fix friendly it totally is, and it's Gluten free as well.  I would could this as 1 Red container, 1/2 green container, 1 orange container and 1 Spoon.  Because it's gluten free it has no yellow containers but it could also be counted as a treat so you could just count as one yellow treat.  For me I'd count it as what's in it since I hate to give up a yellow container and because it does have greek yogurt in it which counts as a red I think i should get credit for the red and 1/2 green containers!!  

This week I'm going back to the 21 Day fix workouts, and I have to say I totally thought that after doing 21 Day Fix Extreme the regular workouts would be easier but they really aren't. They are just different.  I'm actually enjoying going back to these workouts this week with my group and sharing how we did each day for accountability.  We have such an awesome group this round!!  

21 Day Fix is still on sale this month (October) so if you have been thinking about joining one of my accountability groups, this is a great time to get your kit.  

You can email me at crystalpfitnessfood@gmail.com for more information. 


Guilt Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle



Ingredients

Crust Ingredients:
1 cup almond flour
2-3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg, cloves and ginger 
-
1st Layer:
Plain greek yogurt
-
2nd layer:
1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt (or vegan alt.)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Dash of ginger, cloves and nutmeg
1 Tbsp honey
-
Topping:
Crushed pecans
1/2 tsp honey
* Extra treat Maple Cream 


Directions

Pulse all crust ingredients in a small food processor until well combined. Transfer to small bowls And Press crust into serving dish evenly and bake at 350 until lightly brown. 



Scoop out desired amount of yogurt and layer on top of crust inside serving dish. Place dish in refrigerator while preparing your 2nd layer.

In a blender, puree all 2nd layer ingredients until smooth. Remove dish from refrigerator and pour 2nd layer evenly over yogurt.

Pulse pecans with a drizzle of honey in food processor or magic bullet. 
Top 2nd layer with crushed pecans and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. *Option to drizzle a small amount of maple cream on the top before serving. 

Maple cream
Place the maple syrup in a saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer. Fill a large bowl with ice water and place another saucepan on top of the ice. Heat the maple syrup over medium heat until boiling (do not stir, but do not walk away because you don't want it to boil over! if it boils up, lower the heat.) and cook until it reaches 235 degrees F. Once at 235 degrees F, remove from the heat and pour the syrup into the saucepan that is sitting in the ice water bath. Let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Once slightly cooler, begin to stir the syrup with a wooden spoon until it's creamy. This can take about 15 minutes, so instead, I poured my syrup into my magic bullet and pulsed it. But I think next time I would put it into my stand mixer. Once it's a light colour and pourable, stop beating because it can thicken quickly.

[i used this tutorial for the maple cream]





No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social