Search This Blog

Monday 28 September 2015

Homemade 8 Layer Dip


Gord invited some friends over on Saturday to our place for a BBQ so I decided to put together a 7 layer dip and ended up with an extra layer making it an 8 layer dip!  I haven't made 7 layer dip in years but I happened to have all the ingredients so it was an easy one to put together!  

I learned how to make 7 layer dip when I was a teen working at our local Grocery Store Deli.  not that it's difficult but the Taco Sauce is really what makes the Dip great in my opinion and I learned that trick there!  Basically we would take a packet of taco seasoning and mix it with sour cream to make the taco sauce for the 7 layer dips the store sold.  But for mine I just used a few scoops of my Homemade Taco Seasoning and it worked perfectly!  

If you haven't tried making your own Taco Seasoning I highly recommend it.  In our house we go through a lot of Taco Seasoning, so I found we always needed lots of packets on hand when I purchased it.  And it seemed as though we were always out!  So Gord and I started making our own and couldn't believe how EASY it was!  Plus you are in control of how much Salt and other ingredients go into it.  I just add all the spices into a Mason Jar, screw on a lid and give it a shake.  Done!  


Homemade 8 Layer Dip

Ingredients 


Organic re-fried beans
Taco sauce 
Guacamole
Sour cream 
Chopped Tomatoes
Sliced black Olives
Chives
Grated Cheese

Directions


  • Spread out re-fried beans to the bottom of a dish. 
  • Combine 1/2 cup sour cream with 2 TBSP Homemade Taco Seasoning to make Taco Sauce. 
  • Spread Taco Sauce on top of beans. 
  • Mash 1 avocado with 1 TBSP sour cream or Greek yogurt, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp Sea salt, 1/4 tsp curry powder. Mash together to make guacamole. 
  • Spread guacamole onto taco sauce and top with a layer of plain sour cream. 
  • Top with chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives, chives and grated cheese.
  • Refrigerate until ready to serve. 

Taco Sauce using Homemade Taco Seasoning and Sour Cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social