Search This Blog

Thursday 15 December 2016

Christmas Quotes I love

If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you probably know I love motivational quotes and share at least one daily.  I came across some Christmas quotes recently and picked out a few I loved that I thought I would share here with you! I hope you find one that speaks to you too!  

Feel free to share on social media or pin to pinterest too!  I'd love to know which one you like best or if you have a fav that I haven't included let me know I'd love to hear it!   



Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas -- perhaps -- means a little bit more! -Dr. Seuss

Peace on earth will come to stay, When we live Christmas every day. -Helen Steiner Rice

Christmas! The very word brings joy to our hearts. No matter how we may dread the rush, the long Christmas lists for gifts and cards to be bought and given--when Christmas Day comes there is still the same warm feeling we had as children, the same warmth that enfolds our hearts and our homes. -Joan Winmill Brown


One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly. -Andy Rooney




Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas. -Peg Bracken

The spirit of Christmas is found when we lift the load of others. -Toni Sorenson


When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things - not the great occasions - give off the greatest glow of happiness. -Bob Hope





Christmas makes me schmaltzy. I'm proud to be level-headed, even a little tough most of the time. But once a year I like to believe that peace on earth may be possible and calories don't count. -Sue Merrell

Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas! -Ebenezer Scrooge

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. -Charles Dickens

My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that? -Bob Hope

Christmas Eve was a night of song that wrapped itself about you like a shawl. But it warmed more than your body. It warmed your heart...filled it, too, with melody that would last forever. -Bess Streeter Aldrich

Peace on earth will come to stay, When we live Christmas every day. -Helen Steiner Rice

At Christmas play and make good cheer, For Christmas comes but once a year. -Thomas Tusser

Christmas is not only where you find it, it's what you make of it. -Trina Schart Hyman

I wonder whether the Christmas feeling has anything to do with the sixth sense. Perhaps we're a little more the angels at Christmas than we are during the rest of the year. And Christmas is about all the other senses. I can smell Christmas, I can taste Christmas, and I can see and hear it. -Jostein Gaarder






Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us - a time when we can look back on the year that has passed and prepare for the year ahead. David Cameron

It's true, Christmas can feel like a lot of work, particularly for mothers. But when you look back on all the Christmases in your life, you'll find you've created family traditions and lasting memories. Those memories, good and bad, are really what help to keep a family together over the long haul. Caroline Kennedy

As we give presents at Christmas, we need to recognize that sharing our time and ourselves is such an important part of giving. Gordon B. Hinckley



1 comment:

Find me on Social