Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 April 2016

Sick Day Homemade Chicken Ramen Soup


Mommas got a head cold. So I stayed home from work today hoping to rest and sleep so I can kick it before all the pace shows and lacrosse games start! It's a busy week as is for this clan but I gotta take care of myself so that I can take care of everything else. 

Of course I couldn't get back to sleep after getting the boys off to school and daycare this morning. But I did have a hot bath with Epsom salts and essential oils during which I caught up on the most recent Scandal episode on Netflix. 

I'm not usually one to have chicken noodle soup when I'm sick, especially not the store bought stuff (yuck) but I had some left over chicken in the fridge and some rice ramen in the pantry. So I decided to throw a little soup together from what I had on hand. 

Usually I'm not the best soup creator but this one came out tasty and totally hit the spot! 

It was super easy to make and full of goodness! I for sure want to remember the recipe so I can recreate it again (hence the blog post)!! 


Cooking the noodles in the soup makes for a thicker broth as the rice ramen can be more starchy but you could cook them seperatly and then add them into the soup stock. 

I just finished a bowl and it was the perfect consistency, now I'm contemplating another bowl 😋


Homemade Chicken Ramen Soup 


Ingredients

One carton organic chicken stock
1/2 cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup grated carrots 
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 cup cooked cubed chicken 
2 brown rice ramen patties
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste 

Directions


1. In a medium sized pot bring chicken stock to a boil. 
2. Add in grated carrots, zucchini, garlic powder and ginger. Boil on high until Carrot is cooked. 
3. Cut up chicken and add into stock. 
4. Place Ramen patties into the pot and cook using directions on the bag or pre-cooked noodles and add in before serving. 
5. Add salt-and-pepper to taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social