Search This Blog

Monday 4 August 2014

Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Bites


In the summer I'm less likely to want to turn on the oven to bake a loaf of banana bread or banana muffins when I have a couple bananas that are ready to go.  But this simple snack uses them up in a yummy way that doesn't require an oven!

Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
3-4 bananas (depends on how many you want  )
1 bag ENJOY LIFE chocolate chunks-dairy/soy/gluten free
Top with whatever: coconut, almonds, even add in peanut butter if you want.
Cut up the banana's into bite sized pieces, put onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and pop into the freezer for about 30 minutes (optional you can just cover them and then freeze them too).


Melt the chocolate in a bowl. 
Dip each frozen banana in the chocolate and cover completely. Place back on the parchment paper. When all the banana bites are covered and on the parchment paper, put the cookie sheet into the freezer for about an hour. Remove the pieces and place in a freezer safe plastic storage bag if you want to enjoy them over the course of the next week!

Seriously this is the perfect evening sweet treat..for me i don't need a TON to be satisfied...just need 1-2 and I feel like it helps me cure that sweet tooth without the guilt cause I don't know if i'm the only who likes an evening snack 

I would certainly consider making these for an appetizer at a healthy party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social