Search This Blog

Thursday 31 July 2014

Whole Wheat Yam and Feta Quesadilla - A healthy lunch idea


This Quesadilla is easy and quick to prepare and tastes amazing! I knew it was going to be good before I tried it and boy was I right. This is a tasty and healthy lunch idea that can be made the night before an eaten cold or reheated.

I was in search of a quick, healthy and satisfying lunch this afternoon and came up with this Yam and Feta Quesadilla. 

First I peeled and sliced up a whole yam. 



Then I put a splash of organic olive oil into my big frying pan and cooked the sliced yams for about 5 minutes until tender. 

While the yams were cooking I spread a layer of organic cream cheese onto my wrap and ran out to the garden for a bit of green onion. Chopped then sprinkled the green onion over the cream cheese. 

Once the yams were tender I removed them from the pan and transferred them onto the wrap. 


Next I spead fresh feta onto the tops of the yams and transferred the wrap to the frying pan. 


Then I put a second wrap onto the top and squished it down slightly to spear the feta more then baked it until heated through and golden brown. 

The saltiness and creaminess of the feta with the sweetness of the yams and savoury of the onions was the perfect combination. 

I can think of a few friends who would love this one. And Asher even tried and liked it too! He ate my last slice after stealing several bites of mine :) I better go buy some more feta!!

I'll be adding this to my list of healthy lunch ideas that's for sure! I'm headed back to work in a few months after over a year of Maternity leave so I'll be looking for some healthy lunch ideas for work.  This one will be perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social