I have a wonderful not so healthy peanut butter pretzel ball recipe that I make for christmas time but these healthier Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls can be made any time of the year and if your following the Portion Fix they count as 1 Yellow and 1 Spoon! Just one ball though, so take your one treat and store the rest in the freezer for another day!
This recipe is from the Fixate cooking show on Beachbody on Demand and it's just too good not to share here! I love that the cooking show also provides the written out recipe which you can print off and a grocery list for each of the recipes!
The filling of these little balls has peanut butter, coconut flour, corn starch and maple Syrup! I used my own Homemade Peanut Butter which is a bit thicker than store bought peanut butter (but tastes way better) so I used the food processor to mix my batter and added a bit of hot water to it to make sure it all stuck together.
Then I used my cookie scoop to form uniform sized balls and rolled them some more with my hands to make sure they were squished together enough. It was nice to leave the bottom of each ball slightly flat so they didn't roll around on the pan.
Once all of the balls were formed I then added a tooth pick into each one and refrigerated them for 20 minutes.
I melted my chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl over a about 2 inches of water in a sauce pan, but you could also microwave to melt the chocolate. Then I dipped each one into the chocolate making sure to completely cover each ball.
After they were all covered I removed the tooth picks and covered over the holes with a little chocolate.
Now it's time to wait! Place your chocolate balls into the fridge or freezer for 1 hour or until chocolate is hardened. Now it's time to pick the best looking one, store the rest and take a bite! Enjoy!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 cup all-natural smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch (preferably GMO-free)
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Hot water
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, 62 percent cocoa or higher, chopped
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil, unrefined
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine Peanut Butter, Corn Starch, Coconut Flour and maple syrup in a large bowl, food processor or stand mixer. Blend well until it becomes a uniform dough. Add hot water as necessary to moisten it.
- Using clean hands, shape dough until 1 inch balls; place a toothpick into the center of each ball. Place on baking sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- While you wait for the balls to chill, fill a small sauce pan with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce to low.
- Place a heat proof mixing bowl over the sauce pan. Add Chocolate and coconut oil and stir for 2-3 minutes until melted.
- Remove balls from refrigerator. Hold a ball by the toothpick and dip it into the chocolate, swirl it to completely coat or use a spoon to pour chocolate over the top of it. Repeat with each of the balls, returning them to the baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chocolate has hardened.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge or freezer.
Portion Fix Container count: 1 Yellow 1 Spoon
Calories per ball: 134