Search This Blog

Monday 21 March 2016

Easter Weekend Blueberry Muffins




This Recipe came from my Aunty Jane.  We lost her 6 years ago and I miss her terribly still. I grew up in awe of her baking and cooking skills. And as I was older I was able to write down a few of her recipes and this is one of them. I truly wish I'd got more! 

Here is one of the recipes she made for us kids when we came up to her farm! I remember going up to the fish farm at Easter time and she would have a big batch of these made topped with sprinkled sugar.  She always made the best baked goods and I think my love of baking comes from her.  I have modified the recipe to make it more healthy but you would never know because they still taste amazing! 



At the fish farm she always put on the best Easter Egg hunts too.  She had loads of note pads, fancy pens and pencils, sticky notes (she was a teacher), hair clips, stickers, and puzzles along with all the best candy!  I've put together a list of Easter Candy Alternatives if you want to incorporate a few non candy items into your own easter egg hunt this weekend!  



I'm making a batch today for our week ahead but I'm hoping to have a few left over to take on our Easter Long Weekend camping trip too!  While I baked the boys were busy Colouring Easter Egg Wreaths to put on the window. They love going onto Pinterest with me and looking for fun colouring sheets and then printing them off.  

Fraser is finally at the age where he happy to sit in his high chair and colour or craft while I bake my heart out!!!!  I remember Asher at this age and all the activities I would do with him so I'm excited to introduce Fraser to lots of Kid Kitchen Science Activities.  




Easter Weekend Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients


1/3 cup coconut oil
1 1/4 cups organic cane sugar or 3/4 cup honey
1 egg
1tsp pure almond extract
1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
4-8 Tbsp milk
1 cup raspberries

Directions


  • Mix together Coconut Oil, Honey, egg and extract in bowl.  
  • Add to the coconut oil mixture, 1 cup of greek yogurt. Set aside. 
  • Mix together all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. 
  • Add Yogurt and coconut Oil mixture into the flour mixture and stir together slightly. 
  • Add in Milk to the consistency you like.  It will be thick. 
  • Now add in berries of your choice and stir in being careful not to over stir.  
  • Top with slivered almonds or a sprinkle of organic cane sugar. 
  • Bake on 375 for 22 minutes



Shakeology Boosts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social