Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 May 2017

Cauliflower Tacos with Cilantro Lime Sauce



I picked up a Clean Eating Magazine for my trip to Texas last week and was super inspired by a few of the the recipes within it and have been trying to weave them into our meal plan since I've been back!  One of the recipes that interested me was the Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos with Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce so I thought I would give it a go!  




The recipe was surprisingly easy to put together and I did change it up a little bit based on what we had on hand.  Actually my homemade taco seasoning recipe which I used for mine has quite a kick lately and I've been trying to figure out what's going on!  I think that the Chili Power I've been using is spicy perhaps!  I've been using a Mexican chili powder for years and never had a problem with it being spicy until recently so maybe I need to switch up the chili powder!  Whatever the reason our Taco Seasoning has been seriously spicing up our meals lately so I decided that I would leave the Jalapeño out of the sauce which I was grateful for as it helped to cool the spice down!




I also used Large Living Butter Lettuce leaves instead of corn tortillas since I'm following the Portion Fix right now and only have 2 Yellow containers per day available!  I love these Living Butter Lettuce packages, I find them perfect for doing lettuce wrapped tacos with any filling and have used them in several recipes.  You can also use large Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves.  




I had 3 Lettuce Wrapped Cauliflower tacos and I would count them on the Portion fix as 2 green containers so that's a win!  I topped my tacos with a little thin sliced yellow pepper and then drizzled with the Cilantro Lime Sauce.  




Cauliflower Tacos with Cilantro Lime Sauce



Ingredients


Tacos


1 Large Head of Cauliflower but into bite-sized florets
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
8 6 Inch whole wheat tortillas or Large Living Butter Lettuce leaves. 

Cilantro Lime Sauce


1 Cup Fresh Cilantro leaves
1/2 Cup Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Clove garlic, rouhly chopped
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
1/4 tsp sea salt
Pinch Black pepper

Directions


Preheat oven to 450 F.  Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
Prepare tacos:  Bring a large sauce pan of water to a boil.  Add cauliflower and cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.  Drain Well; transfer to a clean kitchen towel and pat dry.  Set aside. 

In a large bowl, stir together Oil and taco seasoning.  Add Cauliflower and toss gently to coat.  Arrange in a single layer on prepared sheet.  Bake, turning once, until golden, 20-30 minutes. 

Meanwhile, prepare your sauce.  In a blender, food processor or handheld smoothie blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. 

Divide cauliflower among tortillas or lettuce leaves.  Add toppings of your choice and drizzle with sauce.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social