Search This Blog

Monday 7 May 2018

Greek Chicken Couscous Salad




This easy prep lunch is not getting old yet and I've been prepping the same meal for weeks now! I'm sure I could come up with something else to prep for my week day lunches but I'm not getting tired of this super flavourful dish and it's SO easy to prep that I just find it too easy to keep making!  I use Organice Whole Wheat Couscous as a healthy carb in this Greek salad but you could sub in quinoa if you prefer (I’m allergic so I’ll be sticking to Couscous). 

The Marinade for the chicken makes the whole house smell just amazing while it's baking in the oven and the chicken tastes so so good!  I love using a thinner cut of chicken breast for this if I can but either way it works out great.  


To prep everything I usually prepare the marinade in a mason jar and shake it all up.  Then I add about 3 chicken breasts into a large ziploc bag and pour the Marinade over top allowing it to sit for 30 minutes in the fridge.  While that's marinading and baking I'll prepare the couscous according to the box instructions.  One 2/3 cup uncooked usually gives me about 4 lunch bowls. I will also cut up the veggies and add them into my bowls.  

It's such a simple way to prep my lunch but next week I'm for sure going to push myself to come up with something new just cause!!  

Greek Chicken Couscous salad 

Serves 4 (makes 4 lunches)

Ingredients

Salad

* 1/2 package (2/3 cup)organic whole wheat Couscous Mix made to instructions
* 4 mini cucumbers, chopped
* 2 bell peppers (1 orange, 1 yellow), coarsely chopped
* 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved

Salad Dressing

* 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper

Greek Chicken Marinade

* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 tsp EACH cumin, dried basil, onion pwdr, honey, sea salt
* 1/4 tsp EACH pepper, paprika
* 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2" thickness

Directions

Marinate chicken in Greek marinade for 20-30 minutes. 

Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until cooked through.

Cook Couscous to direction on the box and let cool. 

Chop veggies and evenly distribute between 4 containers/bowls. 

Stir in cooled Couscous and set aside or put in the fridge.

Wisk together Salad Dressing ingredients and portion into small sealed containers OR take the whole mason jar with a sealed lid to work like I do!

Assembly

Measure out 1 yellow container of Couscous to stir into the Greek salad once cooled. Set aside in the fridge. 

I prefer to add my dressing to the salad just before I’m ready to eat so that the veggies don’t go soft. 

Chop the cooked chicken and portion into sealed containers or add to the top of the salad containers.  I personally like to warm my chicken a little before eating so I take it in a separate container. 

Portion count: 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 red



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Social